GHIN® Network Status
- Desktop (GHIN.com)
- Mobile Phone Apps
- Club Posting Stations
- GHIN Admin (Club Only)
WHS Certification Test
The USGA is implementing the new World Handicapping System (WHS) for use in the United States. The WHS is a comprehensive change in the way golf handicapping will be conducted around the world. To learn more about the new World Handicapping System you can reference these links:
- Top 10 New WHS Features - a summary level explanation of the major changes to handicapping
- What is World Handicapping Videos - short videos covering the major features of WHS
- Printable Posters and Matching Videos - letter-sized and legal-sized downloadable posters of new features
- Rules of Handicapping for 2020 - the complete rules manual for use of the WHS
- What changed - 13 fact sheets explaining how the principles of handicapping have been changed
Every CGA club using the World Handicapping System at their facility is required to become certified in its use.
At least one individual associated with the club has to pass a certification test. We recommend the Handicap Chairperson or Head Golf Professional obtain this certification for their club. Each club has until June 30, 2020 to become certified. If a club has not certified their participation in the World Handicapping System by this date, their handicapping system will be inactivated and all members will receive handicaps of NH.
We offer the opportunity to take the cerification test at each of our on-site training seminars. A club can also take the test online. The test is open book and can be attempted as many times as necessary in order to obtain a passing score. A score of 80% is required to satisfy the club authorization requirement.
To take the test online, please follow this link: WHS Rules of Handicapping Quiz